Saturday, June 22, 2013

Homemade Bagels! (again...)

This is probably my 4th or 5th time making bagels. Each recipe has gotten better and better--not sure if it is because my technique is getting better or I've gotten better at analyzing the recipes. These came out the best, hands down; they were crisp on the outside and chewy and yet light on the inside.

The recipe came from The Sophisticated Gourmet (that link is where the recipe resides), with pictures from my experience. Thank you Kamra!


Definitely use bread flour as the recipe calls for; I can't help but wonder if that is part of what helped make these so delish!

Before the rise
After the rise :)



After shaping the dough, and in the boil! The one technique I just don't seem to be great at is
the shaping. I may try slightly less flour next time.


Voila! I was so pleased with the final appearance, truly looked like bagels
from a bagel shop!

The taste lived up to the look, perfect. An absolute keeper.

No comments: