Friday, May 9, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!

Magic, sheer kitchen magic! This recipe had come across my facebook and pinterest newsfeeds several times and each time I saw it-or anything similar-I scoffed at the notion that one can call something a muffin that had no flour in the ingredients.

Then came the day I had loads of bananas but no flour and NEEDED banana bread. I took a chance and made them, expecting nothing but gooey globs that at least would be chocolatey! ;)

Halfway through the baking time, the familiar smell of banana bread wafted through the air. I took a peek in the oven to see how they were doing and SURPRISE, they had risen! The timer rang and they LOOKED LIKE MUFFINS!

I was still skeptical in spite of how delectable they smelled and looked. I had to taste test at least one to be sure I didn't give the kids something disgusting. I split one muffin in half and saw, well, MUFFIN! 

I ate that one and then had just one more to be certain it wasn't just one that tasted okay. I waited a couple minutes to be sure there wasn't an aftertaste and ate two more; seriously I had to try two in a row because sometimes that's what kids do, and I wanted to be sure the kids would be okay. (Did I mention the kids weren't home part of the day??) I felt fine. I had a couple more after that because I hadn't had my actual muffin treat since the first few were testing.

The kids loved them. I only had a couple more, or seven, with the kids. I shared with a friend of mine and with my Mom. Suddenly they were gone! With a visit from my daughter and son-in-law coming the next weekend, I had to make more! These were a huge hit with anyone that tasted them, now it's time to finally post the recipe. I don't know exactly where this version came from, I apologize for that. 

Enjoy!

1          Cup        Peanut Butter
2                        Bananas
2                        Eggs
7           TBSP    Honey
1 1/2      tsp        Vanilla
1/2         tsp        Baking Soda
1/4         tsp        Salt
1            Cup      Mini Chocolate Chips

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Grease mini muffin pans or place mini muffin liners into mini muffin pans.
  • Place first 7 ingredients in blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
  • Stir in chips.
  • Drop by TBSP-full into pans.
  • Bake 8-9 minutes, or until tops are springy and toothpick comes out clean. 
  • Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan.
If you have celiac disease as I do, be sure your ingredients are gluten free.



No comments: