Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I Hate Roller Coasters



When your mommy brings you Reese's Stuffed with Pieces, the day gets a little brighter. At the same time, I hate that my parents have to come visit/help me. Okay, I don’t hate them coming here, I hate the idea and the why of it. They shouldn’t have to be worrying about me at this point in their lives, at least not in this way!

This stupid health roller coaster I and so many of us are on is just the stupidest of stupid rides, one that I not only can't get off but am stuck in that damn front seat! It keeps revealing new twists and loops hidden on initial observation of the roller coaster, and each new path on the track brings increased and almost suffocating speeds; finally, finally the ride starts slowing down, even coming to a stop--only to launch backwards. Those closest to us are forced on, locked in and zoomed onto the rickety tracks. Some stay, white knuckled and terrified into silence. Some scream in terror with eyes squeezed closed so as not to see what’s coming next or how anyone else is being affected. Some sit next to me holding my hand, while others sit next to me laughing hysterically to the point of near peeing pants at and with me in the face of the fact that at any moment the entire ride might crash down! Others use the eject button;  it’s an escape equipped with a silencer so you never hear them leave.

Yes I got all this from a pack of Reese’s with Pieces lol.

No comments: