Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Awakening

I just couldn't sleep this morning, too much on my mind that even medicine couldn't quiet, and finally got up at 4:25am. Its such an inspiring time of day to be awake. There's a quiet and stillness in the house. Outside, the world around has just awoken, too, but is so busy already. I love the sounds of the birds, beginning their day, chirping their hello's and warnings to each other, sounds of the branches and leaves moving as they hurry with their work. There's a smell in the air before the sun comes up, its a sweet smell, and so fresh, I feel like I can actually smell the anticipation of a new day. Watching as the sun began to come up again reminds me that each day will come, each with new promise and hope, each with the chance to be thankful for all that I do have.


Now, if I could just get up like this every day! Usually its "Mommy come downstairs and make my oatmeal" or "Mommy can I watch tv til you come down" or "Linda where's my keys" or "Mama can I go to the gym if I get 'abc' done" or, wait, I can't come up with something for Dylan because he is a very quiet, undisturbing morning person. Hey, I don't disturb anyone when I wake up, what's the deal? I should go wake all their little toosh's up...nah, I try not to be masochistic. ;) Good morning, get outside and enjoy today!

PS Please don't call here around 1 this afternoon, I'll be napping.... ;)

No comments: